It’s not just a new treatment (it launched from the latter component of 2010), so you’re probably wondering why I’m planning to tell you about the non-invasive, fat-freezing treatment otherwise known as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. Here’s why: Thousands of therapies are being performed worldwide (over 650,000 so far!), yet new important updates have surfaced since coolsculpting side effects first launched. Here’s all that you should know before freezing fat:
More From Beauty
This Rainbow Armpit Hair Look is ideal for Pride
A First Take A Look At FORM’s Natural Haircare Products
Shay Mitchell Spills Her Skin-Care Secrets
Produced By Cosmopolitan For
1. Fat cells self-destruct once the skin gets cold enough. The FDA-cleared procedure suctions in the skin surrounding the section of fat you want to freeze, then uses controlled cooling (aka cryolipolysis) to lower the temperature on the skin right down to in which the fat cells die. Your body then eliminates the cells from the following weeks.
2. You will find a tendency for uneven removal. It’s not skill-dependent, since a vacuum-like head suctions your skin layer straight into freeze it, so there exists a probability of uneven removal, says Paul Jarrod Frank, MD, a cosmetic dermatologist in The Big Apple.
3. It can be pricey. According to where you live as well as the area you’re hoping to get treated, a CoolSculpting session can run you $500 and up.
4. One treatment has been said to be enough, but that isn’t always true. So eventually, it may not be the most cost-effective option to get the results you’re trying to find. Make sure to talk to your doctor before going set for the treatment to determine if you’re the perfect candidate with this procedure.
5. The procedure is for very discreet fat removal. Picture a thin man with love handles or a woman with small pockets of fat on her inner thighs. “Broader areas are certainly not best for this procedure because that won’t emerge evenly,” Dr. Frank adds.
6. There exists literature that Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH) may appear after cryolipolysis. As outlined by Dr. Frank and also the National Center for Biotechnology Information, fat can grow back as an alternative to disappearing forever. “Naturally, there are risks with everything else, but this is basically the only fat removal process that has this particular risk though low,” Frank adds.
7. It will require an hour to treat each section. So that it could take too much time, depending on how many areas you need to treat.
8. You might experience cryolipolysis-induced numbness that will last for weeks. “It will something towards the superficial nerves when the skin is frozen that will leave you without feeling for hours,” Dr. Frank says.
9. You can also have bruising. There’s minimal downtime with this treatment, nevertheless, you might experience bruising considering that the areas treated could have been pulled, tugged, and pinched in dexnpky87 suction process. And you might be sore for days or even weeks after the treatment.
10. Full results take weeks or months to demonstrate up. This depends upon how well your whole body reacts to the treatment. You must plan to full results from the second or third month.
11. You must maintain a healthy diet and workout routine to maintain the outcome. Nevertheless, you probably already knew that.